Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oprah Visits Australia

As I'm sure everyone is aware from the media reports that Oprah and her chosen audience have all gone on a trip to Australia. The media reports both in States and Australia all show them having a great time and they are definitely seeing a lot of the country. Australian's in return are going wild over the visit and its getting more popularity than if royalty was visiting. My best friend Dolly is daily inundating me reports of where Oprah has been and how she wished she was there too! She just can't get enough of Oprah and from her anecdotes neither can the rest of Australia. Hence my Blog on Oprah's visit.


If the O that was placed on the Sydney Harbour Bridge wasn't enough to impress, there was also a few home viewer visits from Oprah herself. Canterbury Boys School was lucky enough to get given computers (although personally giving to a public school not a private school would have been a more charitable act). She also helped out cancer patient and his family which is a great deed from the reports I read on it.


There is photos of the visit to Australia on the Oprah site of all the places they have been to and as an Australian I enjoyed looking through them all. I was particularly pleased when I saw a photo of Oprah cuddling "elvis" the koala that he was referred to as koala and not koala bear.

Celebrities such as Russell Crowe and his wife Daniel Spencer joined in with a sailing cruise around Sydney's Habour and each State seems to be bringing out their finest in honor of the visit. I had to chuckle at the many messages left for Oprah on her facebook page. There is so many from Australian's all over the country putting in their pleas for her to come and visit them personally. I am sure that she would have to stay at least a year to even get through a quarter of the people that have left messages there alone. I am sure to be updated more on the visit and wish them all a great Christmas in the Land Down Under.

No comments:

Post a Comment