Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow in Ohio - Just in time for Christmas December 2010

Homer is absent at least until more snow falls!


Snow in Ohio seems to have got itself all organized for Christmas this year. Another night of bitterly cold temperatures (0 farenheight/-17 celcius) but the snow seems to have stopped falling for now. It really is beautifully serene when there is little wind and the sun is shining. Homer the local Mr Plow has not burst my bubble of serenity so I could enjoy what winter has to offer. Even the deer are out and about enjoying the newly fallen snow.
Nothing quite like waking up to seeing everything covered in snow and I truly believe everyone should experience at least one White Christmas in a lifetime.

My first experience was magical when I was woken in the early hours to look outside at everything within view encrusted with an ice kingdom of snow. Whiter than the white clouds in the sky. The merest reflection of light giving an ambiance to everything within sight. To touch it was softer than cotton wool and melted in the hand. The smell of the dry crisp cold air. Face and hands stinging with the cold. Everything is pristine and pure. Tree tops to tree limbs,  roof tops to outdoor swings.

It really is captivating to just look at all the intricate details that nature has bestowed. Heaven on earth by the hand of mother nature.


Snow in Ohio to me is still a wonderland of nature at its finest. I enjoy its beauty and its ability to be so simple yet so detailed. From the icicles that  hang like Christmas lights to the freshly fallen untouched purity of an untouched field of snow. 

Coming from the Land Down Under Christmas is a totally new thing for me having a White Christmas. Having spent most of my life with Christmas Days in the scorching heat and in air conditioning to get away from it I truly enjoy the magic that goes along with waking up to Christmas like in the story books read to me as a child.

Here's to the countdown to Christmas and whatever anecdotes shall come with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment